Gestalt is the whole of who you really are. You are meant to live a whole and fulfilled and energetically expansive life. You are not meant to live a dark and heavy existence, waiting only until death to be liberated from the self-imposed shackles that bind you.
If you are feeling angry, sad, depressed or any number of negative emotions, your whole set of signals (physical body, emotional mind, energetic spirit) is attempting to send an important message to you. What are you able to learn from noticing your feelings and sensation?
Image via Wikipedia
- Feelings of discomfort mean not being aligned body, mind, and spirit.
- Recognizing what you don’t want is a trigger towards enlightenment.
- Learning by contrast, (seeing how you don’t want to live) is a good way of then deciding how you do want to live, and then taking necessary actions.
Stop holding yourself apart from who you are.
- Are you a shadow of who you really are?
- Are you happy and fulfilled?
- Do passion and purpose fuel your life?
- Are you the captain of your unique ship?
- Are you tuned in and turned on by life?
- What vibrational level are you emitting?
- What are you vibrationally attracting?
- Will you finally wake up on your death-bed and discover your whole life has been squandered, is a mistake?
Can you imagine having the life of your dreams? of your conscious creation?
It begins with clarity. In order to reach a destination, one must know first decide on a destination. You wouldn’t expect to go to sleep in San Francisco, and wake up in Paris, unless you had charted the course and made the plans and taken the actions necessary to reach Paris.
Likewise, most people spend more time deciding on what’s for dinner than they spend on charting the course of life. Most folks live life in ‘default’ mode. The few exceptions are seen as ‘success’ stories and/or heroes.
How many of us make resolutions only once each year, break them a week later, and look back twelve months later only to find nothing has changed?
Taking a few minutes each evening to focus on the next day’s list of things to accomplish is a smart action. Here’s why:
- The seeds are planted prior to sleep and are then engaged in the mind while you slumber. This means half the work is done before you even wake in the morning.
- Organized thoughts have more impact because creating an outline provides clarity of importance.
- Waking to a waiting list becomes a strong ethical habit that leads to success.
- It feels good to cross off the accomplished tasks and add new challenges.
- You’ll arrive at the destination when you take action each day in that direction.
Procrastination is a FEAR-BASED action
Each and every action we take stems from either a place of fear or of love. In the case of procrastination, there is no love; particularly, there is no self-love.
From where does the habit of procrastination stem?
Learning, as we all do, comes from a multitude of sources: schools, religious organizations, peers, care givers, the media, and most undeniably from parents. We learn thru imprinting, much as baby ducks learn by attaching to the first role model in sight. Our role models learned from their role models, and are not even aware that the offspring are absorbing the emotions, attitudes, beliefs, mores, and habits via energy exchange and both conscious and subconscious means.
What did you learn?
- What sort of activity took place during your most formative years?
- What procrastination style have you internalized?
- Are you now the conscious captain of your ship? If not, who is navigating?
- Have you taken steps to organize and plot the course of your life destination?
Procrastination will ensure you never reach that dreamed of destination. It will also ensure you have an excuse to not achieve greatness and fulfillment. If you never take the steps, you’ll never fall. You can pretend you are living, but without taking any risks. You’ll never fail. And, you’re already failing if you haven’t planned not to fail.
Procrastination will age you, and with the cumulative, continued related stress, will kill you prematurely. Until chronic adrenal insufficiency occurs, adrenaline is a quick fix, a habit-forming hit of energy delivered via the hormone, but do you really want that monkey on your dreams?
Take Your Reins
It feels good to see how far you’ve come with each step towards your chosen destination. It doesn’t feel so good to one day discover your life has been passing without guidance from the captain. Be an active participant in your life. You are the captain, and you have everything to gain with a few small actions to stay your course and enjoy the journey of your life.
Thank you, often.
Content copyrighted per United States copyright laws. All rights reserved. Feel free to distribute this providing all links are left intact. www.JanDeelstra.com